Re: exim4 smtp auth via libpam-dotfile

On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 02:26:08AM +0200, Sergey V. Spiridonov wrote:
> I tried to make exim4 smtp auth against libpam-dotfile with no success.
> Is it suppoused to work?

I do not know.

> I used the following auth exim4 configuration (suggested in exim
> documentation):
[...]

config looks ok to me, without digging very deep.

> What is going wrong?
> I am running current unstable:
> exim4                     4.22-4
> libpam-dotfile         0.6-4

> $ cat /etc/pam.d/exim
> #%PAM-1.0
> auth [success=done new_authtok_reqd=done authinfo_unavail=ignore
> default=die] pam_dotfile.so no_warn debug
> auth [success=done new_authtok_reqd=done default=die] pam_unix.so
> use_first_pass debug

I don't know about libpam-dotfile but pam_unix.so does not allow the
exim-user (mail:mail) to check other user's passwords, you should the
respective line and replace it with pam_deny. It is completely
possible that libpam-dotfile does not allow this, too, I just do not
know.
                    cu andreas
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"