Re: reinstall problems: console, klogd and modules

Op di 09-09-2003, om 23:56 schreef Benedict Verheyen:
> Op di 09-09-2003, om 22:21 schreef Benedict Verheyen:
> > Hi,
> >
> > after dpkg became unworkable, i reinstalled my server.
> > I encountered a couple of very annoying problems after upgrading to
> > testing and that's with an almost bare system!
> > (console problem and logger problem where there before upgrade)
> >
> > 1. The console package config failed. I tried dpkg-reconfigure
> > console-data, but i get this:
> > /usr/sbin/dpkg-reconfigure: console-data is broken or not fully
> > installed
> > I then try to install it again via apt-get install console-data
> > (version 2002.12.04dbs-16) but it complains about dependency
> > problems and console-data and base-config (v1.70) aren't configured
> > properly. Obviously base-config depends on console-data and because
> > console-data isn't configured correcly, base-config doesn't continue.
> > dpkg --configure -a gives the same error: it tries to configure
> > console-data and to load be-latin1 and it fails and then the config of
> > base-config also fails.
> >
> > Every time i now boot, my console is wrong (qweryty) and it gives a
> > warning about be-latin1. But i can manually load the correct keyboard
> > via loadkeys be-latin1 !! I tried coping
> > /usr/share/keymaps/i386/azerty/be-latin1.kmap.gz to
> > /etc/console/bootttime.kmap.gz
> I just saw this typo. it's boottime, not bootttime
>
> > and adjust permissions to 644 but this
> > doesn't load the correct keyboard at all. When i run the script
> > /etc/init.d/keymap.sh, it doesn't load the correct keymap either.
> >
> > What can i do to load the correct keymap (be-latin1) at boot time so i
> > can also login using an azerty keyboard and how do i reconfigure
> > console-data so that it will allow base-config to be installed.
> > It seems every install i do ends up in a keyboard/keymap fight.
> > It literally takes me more time finding these annoying things that
> > installing a full base system :)
>
> I got rid of the dpkg errors by doing base-config again. Now both
> console-data and base-config are installed OK. But it keeps booting in
> qwerty.
>
> Benedict

Apparently, there is an error in the testing/unstable console-common
packages. I tried installing console-common from stable, testing and
unstable and ony the stable package worked!
Other people (i think i saw it also in the german and french user lists)
have been reporting this problem too. So it could happen to you if your
upgrade your console-common package.

For the other problem (messages to console despite KLOGD="-c 3") i
haven't found a sollution yet

Benedict