Re: hdparm, hard drive howto, tutorial

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003, Antonio [ISO-8859-1] RodrX wrote:

> Does anyone know of a good tutorial, or howto on hard drives? I would like to understand a little better this part of the hardware before playing with hdparm. Some hdparm bash script examples would be also welcome.

tip#1	when playing/experimenting with hdparm, do it on a system you do
	NOT care about fi you lose data or that the disk is rendered
	useless scrap metal

the other script posted

Naitik>  hdparm -d1 -q -m16 -u1 -k1 -K1 /dev/hda

you can play with -c3 too

disk/hdparm tuning stuff
	http://www.Linux-1U.net/Tuning/

and if you really wanna tune your hd, use the proper partition order
sizes and locations on the disk platter

c ya
alvin