Re: Is there a problem with kernel 2.4.20 and internet connections?

B. L. Jilek wrote:

works.  Dig works.  Internal connections (HTTP, FTP, SSH) work.
Outside connections using Browsers, ftp or anything else like AIM will
not connect.

I booted into 2.4.19 temporarily and I could connect.  2.4.20 will

Right now I'm recompiling the kernel and have changed a few settings
but I'm not sure what may be causing this.

Hm, maybe the 2.4.19 kernel is configured to use a static IP rather than DHCP. I´d compile the 2.4.20 kernel with DHCP/BOOTP disabled so that it uses the static IP as the older kernel does. If connections then work with 2.4.20 too, you might have found out where to investigate further.

GH