Re: mozilla & mozilla-firebird won't start separately

On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 11:19:08AM -0400, Matt Price wrote:
> after recent upgrades mozilla and mozilla-firebird seem unable to
> start up separately -- if one is already running, invoking the other
> just opens a new window in the existing session of the first.  I seem
> to recall that this didn't happen with earlier versions.  Anyone know
> what's changed?

TMK, this has always happened.  However as I've stated (on this list)
before, if you invoke the second with a "-" option it will launch
seperately.

   $ mozilla & # launches and backgrounds mozilla
   $ MozillaFirebird - & # launches and backgrounds firebird

The "-" is checked for in the startup script for both mozilla and
firebird:

   USE_EXIST=0
   opt="$1"
   case "$opt" in
     -mail)
         open_mail ${1+"$@"}
         ;;
     -compose)
         open_compose ${1+"$@"}
         ;;
     -*) ;;
     *) USE_EXIST=1 ;;
   esac

So, if the "-" is provided, the USE_EXIST variable does not get set to 1
and thus a new session is launched rather than the existing.

--
Jamin W. Collins

Remember, root always has a loaded gun.  Don't run around with it unless
you absolutely need it. -- Vineet Kumar