Re: Windows multiboot (aaargh!)

On Thursday 11 September 2003 00:15, John covici wrote:
> I am pretty sure windows in general always wants to be the first
> partition on a given drive and even if I am wrong about that you
> can't have more than one boot partition per drive -- also make sure
> your machine will boot from the third drive.
>
> Also, you should not do the install on a separate box, windows needs
> to know the hardware it is going to encounter during the install.

That's a point.   Though the only 'different' thing between the two is
probably the video drivers.   My CD-writer on this box is a LG/Goldstar which
Linux at least treats like a generic CD-ROM.

But what I will do (if I install on this box) is unplug my /hda drive first
so Windows can't munge my Debian setup.

> You might consider vmware -- seems much safer to me for what you want.

Isn't that commercial?    (OK, I know, Windoze is, but I already have the
Windoze CDs).   I don't mind if the install fails at first, and I have to
fiddle around a bit - it won't munge any data or anything.

cr