Re: [gdm] strange behaviour when starting GDM

Pim wrote:
>I am running Sid, updated to the latest. I have a Gigabyte Radeon 9000 pro
>on an ASUS A7N8X Deluxe rev2 motherboard. I use Xfree86 4.2 with the VESA
>driver (couldn't get the radeon support to work properly :( ) in a
>resolution of 1280x1024 (max of my LCD monitor).

Have you downloaded the fglrx drivers from ATI ? I've got a radeon 9700 and
they work perfectly for me on xfree86 4.1, 4.3. Haven't tried 4.2 though...
Run's the glxgears demo at 400+ fps ;-).

If you install the drivers and it doesn't work after you ran fglrxconfig,
try editing your XF86Config file to not use drm. You still get 3d
acceleration then, but overlay doesn't work.

Willem Smit
SL IT
9471637
0724872442

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and
Sanlam accepts no liability therefore, except where the sender specifically
states them to be those of Sanlam.
Enige sienswyses of stellings wat in hierdie boodskap uitgedruk word is dié
van die individuele afsender, en Sanlam aanvaar geen aanspreeklikheid
daarvoor nie, behalwe waar die afsender uitdruklik vermeld dat dit dié van
Sanlam is.