Re: good debian backup software?

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003, Ray wrote:

> was wondering if there is a package that is opitmized for backing up a
> debian system,  like something that would compare the installed system to
> a set of cds (ie the install cd set) and then write out the configuration
> and additional packages to cd|iso|tape|whatever.  so that the when the
> restore is run it only asks a very few or no configuation questions.
>
> i did try 'apt-cache search' and google with no success, probably just the
> wrong keywords.

what keywords did you use ??

for debian backup ..
	- do you want to backup the system too ??? or just use the
	archieves all over the world ... ( already backed up )

	see the bottom of a page to save and restore a deb box
	http://www.Linux-Backup.net/app.gwif.html

you should backup /etc and /home ...for example

tons of free scripts to backup to cd, tape, whatever ...
	"whatever" is the best media ( if its a hard disk )

	http://www.Linux-Backup.net

c ya
alvin