Re: devfs with 2.6.0-test4 kernel

Harry Brueckner wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just switched to a self compiled 2.6.0-test4 kernel with devfs support
> turned on and devfsd is running nicely.
> On my old 2.4.20 kernel I did not use devfs.
>
> Now when I boot into the new 2.6 kernel it starts up but throws tons of
> messages like

> FATAL: Module /dev/ttyx0

Same problem here, with 2.6.0-test4.

The serial ports do not seem to work, too (ttyS0 not present) and alsa works
only if compiled into the kernel, not as modules.

But I'm not sure this is the right place to ask: is it?

I expect at least the alsa problem to disappear with newer release of
alsaconf...

--
Danilo Raineri, danirain@tin.it