Font in X11

Hello,

Once again I would like to raise question about X11 fonts. I have following question.

- Why X11 pcf font are not antialiased, AA can be performed on fly. I know, that the don't use Xft, but is there any way to have them AA?
- Can be all X11 pcf fonts removed from system?
- If not, can those fonts be "shadowed" to appications like KDE, Mozzila and be aviable only to application, which can't use Xft2 - If not above, I have downloaded package ttf-freefont. How to "shadow" similar fonts? For example CSS asks for Helvetica family (not exact name) and I want to give there Mono true type font Instead of Helvetica pcf font.

Best regards,
Bohdan