Re: XFree86 + Signal 11 = Bad Juju

On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 05:00:15 +0200, Bradley Alexander wrote:

> I've been seeing problems for the past several weeks and I am finally
> beginning to see a pattern. It started about the time I upgraded to a
> GeForce4MX after my GeForce2 died. At first I thought it was being
> caused by Gnome apps, because it was happening with greater frequency
> with Galeon and Evolution (about the only Gnome apps I use).

Try turning off the RENDER acceleration of the nVidia driver. The option
must be placed somewhere in XF86Config-4, check the nVidia docs for
details. GTK2 apps use the RENDER feature for anti-aliased text.
Unfortunately, the acceleration in the nVidia driver seems to be buggy.

> Is a sig11 still usually hardware? Any other suggestions on fixes?

Sorry?

--
Best Regards,   |   Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
 Sebastian      |   your ~/.signature to help me spread!