Re: Debian sunk by Windows (Update)

> On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 10:08:35PM -0400, William Bradley wrote:
> > Got virus attacked on the Windows section of a dual boot machine that
> > runs Debian (latest Woody) and Windows 98. Windows got into such a state
> > between the virus and me messing with it that I ended up reformatting the
> > C: drive and reinstalling Windows. In so doing, access to Debian has been
> > cut off and the unit boots straight into Windows. Is there a way that I
> > can get back to dual booting that machine. I'd hate to have to reinstall
> > Debian and go through getting KDE 3.0 again.

Thank you to everyone who responded to my problem above. After reading them
all I booted with the rescue disk. This loaded Debian. I then went to the
command prompt with Ctrl/Alt/F3 and logged in as root.  Then I entered:
"#lilo" which then loaded the Windows 98 partition and the job was done, my
login screen was back intact.

Bill.

William Bradley
Come visit us at: