Re: [OT] Network traffic?

Qian Gong wrote:
Hi,

I am confused by the network traffic reported by the IceWM. There are
always around 10-20KBps net work traffic in. However, netstat shows no
connection with foreign address. What are these traffics? If I unplug the
network cable, the rate drops down to zero immediately, that means there
are really packages in. Are they simply network noises?

Thanks in advance,

Qian

It's probably ARP requests and Pings.

SoBig is responsible for a lot of this traffic.

tcpdump will give you a quick look at what traffic is out there.

--
Murder is always a mistake -- one should never do anything one cannot
talk about after dinner.