Re: Using parted without a floppy disk?

Thanks all for the good advice. Knoppix was an excellent suggestion, however it doesn't run on my laptop - not even in "failsafe" or "expert" mode. "failsafe" gets the farthest. So now I'm trying to fix this problem.

I found http://mezzo.net/~peter/lindellinst.html which indicates "I installed a fresh kernel 2.4.21 with acpi patch,and had to exclude 0x800-0x8ff from pcmcia to avoid a frozen kernel". I'm not sure how to exclude what I assume to be either memory addresses or IO range. A kernel parameter typed at the boot: prompt perhaps? I have a message in to the author asking for clarification.

Thanks for your help,
Josh