Cron problems

I put a small script into the cron.daily folder expecting it to run. It simply creates a file with the current timestamp as its name to see if successfully ran. However, I woke up this morning to not be greeted by this file, so I know cron didn't run it. I did check my root email to find these two emails though:

Email 1)
/etc/cron.daily/logrotate:
error running shared postrotate script for /var/log/apache-ssl/*.log
run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/logrotate exited with return code 1

Email 2)
/bin/sh: root: command not found
/etc/cron.daily/logrotate:
error running shared postrotate script for /var/log/apache-ssl/*.log
run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/logrotate exited with return code 1
/etc/cron.daily/standard:
diff: /var/log/setuid.new.tmp: No such file or directory

My /etc/crontab looks like this:

SHELL=/bin/sh
PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin

# m h dom mon dow user  command
25 6 * * * root test -e /usr/sbin/anacron || run-parts --report /etc/cron.daily 47 6 * * 7 root test -e /usr/sbin/anacron || run-parts --report /etc/cron.weekly 52 6 1 * * root test -e /usr/sbin/anacron || run-parts --report /etc/cron.monthly
#

My little script cron_test.pl is installed with 755 privileges in /etc/cron.daily. Do I need to add it to some config file somewhere?

Thanks for any help,
Curtis