NFS & quota problem

Hi,

I have server + few diskless workstations on debian Woody stable (kernel 2.4.18).
>From server to stations /home (on which quota is enabled) is sending via NFS.

My problem is that on stations quota is not working (users can exceed limit),
but on the server works fine.

When I type quota <user> on stations it appears:

" quota: Error while getting quota from /dev/root for 0: Cannot find file or directory "

and below it shows correct value of <user> quota from server.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Roman Hirsch