Zope login/management will not open: SID version

I am trying to get zope running on my Debian sid unit. I have used webmin to determin that the server is correctly running on port 9673 as indicated in the docs. I also am running apache 1.3 sid as well. I have tried every way to use mozilla and konqueror to open the login page. I am able to use webmin to stop and start the zserver and I have every possible module installed also, both zope and apache. I have tried to use both http://localhost:9673/ and http://www.mydomain.com:9673/ neither one works. I get the mewssage connection refused from mozilla and error loading from konqueror. I had no trouble installing zope and have successfully opened it using this same configuration a couple of years ago..however since I did not NEED it then I removed it; so this is not an upgrade but a new install. There is a bug in zope-zshell but I worked around that and all of the zope extras seem to be installed and able to work...if I could log in to the management interface.

--
John Foster