Re: [ANNOUNCE] New ATI drivers available

On Sun, 7 Sep 2003 03:08:11 +0200 (CEST), Roberto Sanchez wrote:

> I just checked out the ATI website, and they have some new
> linux drivers.  The new version is 3.2.5, with versions for
> Xfree86 4.1, 4.2, and 4.3.  I just installed the drivers and
> built the new kernel module, and I can already see that things
> have improved (no more segfaults when running fgl_glxgears, and
> about a 2% boost in fps in the vanilla glxgears program).  I
> think that they are well woth the effort, especially if you
> have a newer card.

Since you bothered announcing this, a direct link would have been
nice ;-).

How superior are these drivers to the opensource drivers produced
by the DRI project <http://dri.sourceforge.net/>?  Also, what
version of gcc did you use?  I have a lowly Radeon 7000.