Re: How to tell apt-get or dpkg to forget about a package?

On Sat, Sep 06, 2003 at 12:03:40PM -0700, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> I thought too about hold...
> So I did set the package to hold,
> has no effect:
>
> I apt-get install <something>
> he gets <something> and first tries to reinstall the
> kernel-package again, when I Ctrl-c out of that, he
> installs <something>.

If your happy that the package is working as it should then just edit the
postinst script so that it returns a success then dpkg will be happy and
stop re-trying the script each time you run dpkg.

The scripts live in /var/lib/dpkg/info/.

--
 .''`.  Jason Chambers <chambersj@thingy.org.uk>
: :'  : Registered linux user #271693