Re: How stable is SiD ?

Johan Kullstam verraste ons met de boodschap:

> Perhaps his video card isn't supported with the woody shipped xfree86?
> That's why I went straight for sid last August.  (ATI Radeon 8500
> needs 4.2.1.)  At work I just got some crap corporate box with i845g
> graphics.  I need xfree86 4.3.  Please advise.

if you're feeling lucky, you can fetch xfree86 4.3 from the experimental
repository. just add the following to your sources.list:

deb http://[your.debian.mirror]/debian ../project/experimental main

and "apt-get install -t experimental xserver-xfree86 xlibmesa-dri
xlibmesa-gl xlibmesa-drm-src"

for dri-support, you may want to compile the modules in xlibmesa-drm-src
with make-kpkg (from kernel-package) and modprobe the right one

good luck,

--
Joris