Re: Problems with SSH and X11

Hi Christophe,

  thanks for taking the time.

  I double checked the syntax with the man pages and I believe I already set
it up this way ... with no success.

black:/etc/ssh# grep orward *
ssh_config:    ForwardAgent yes
ssh_config:    ForwardX11 yes
sshd_config:X11Forwarding yes

rock:/etc/ssh# grep orward * | grep -v '#'
ssh_config:ForwardX11 yes
ssh_config:ForwardAgent yes
sshd_config:X11Forwarding yes

  And the result is still the same?!

black:/etc/ssh# ssh -X root@rock
root@rock's password:
Linux rock 2.4.18-bf2.4 #1 Son Apr 14 09:53:28 CEST 2002 i686 GNU/Linux

The programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are free software;
the exact distribution terms for each program are described in the
individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.

Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
permitted by applicable law.
Last login: Sat Sep  6 18:17:49 2003 from black
rock:~# echo $DISPLAY

rock:~#

  Do you know what part SSH2 plays here? I am always doing the config changes
in /etc/ssh not in /etc/ssh2.

Cheers,
Mariano