Re: Which release

Mario Vukelic wrote:
On Sam, 2003-09-06 at 08:35, Stefan Waidele jun. wrote:

Mario Vukelic wrote:

[...]
Avoid testing!! Testing is for testing /the distribution/ and is quite
f****d most of the time, as packages trickle in from unstable in a quite
random manner. [...]
Unstable is ok, it's not so much the packages that are unstable, but the
package list changes frequently.

That is just contrary from what I have read from various sources.
So let's turn to _the_ source:

http://www.debian.de/doc/FAQ/ch-ftparchives#s-testing
and
http://www.debian.de/releases/

This does not contradict what I meant, only what I said :) Sorry, sloppy
use of terminology.

:)

[...]
The info about testing on the linked sites is the theory and how it
should be. It's not how it is. And the fact that there are no quick
security fixes for testing coupled with the fact that security-related
updates in unstable may need forever to trickle down to testing is a
serious drawback

But with debian-unstable the chance of 'getting the workstation hosed' during and 'apt-get upgrade' is greater than with debian-testing, isn't it?

And from what you said, the chance of 'getting the workstation hosed' by hackers due to missing security-fixes is greater with debian-testing.

Did I get this right?

Stefan