Re: (no subject)

At Fri, 5 Sep 2003 19:05:12 +0100,
Carlos Sousa wrote:

> On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 23:02:25 +0800 csj wrote:
>                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > I suspect the OP was using some GUI-based, probably
> > wizard-oriented, audio configuration tool.  We can safely
> > conclude that the OP's running either KDE or Gnome.
>
> Looks more like Windows to me...

That was my first reaction.  But given the OP's rather generic
description of the problem, we could assume s/he was using the
term Control Panel(tm) the way many people use the word
Kleenex(tm) for tissue paper.  And yes, in some distros (Redhat
comes to mind), you don't need to go down to the console or an
xterm to install, configure or break such things.