Re: spamassassin: whitelist_from_rcvd ?!?!

On Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 10:27:56AM -0500, Michael D Schleif wrote:

| I thought I'd confer with the list, in case I'm missing some
| rationale for this behaviour . . .

The rationale is that certain large organizations have the resources
necessary to take legal action against forgers.  The presumption,
then, is that spammers won't forge those domains for fear of legal
action against them.

Whether or not that logic actually holds water is up for debate, but
that's the reason behind the default whitelist.  (IMHO there isn't
really a need for whitelisting not to mention it is prone to false
positives particularly when the spammers have direct access to the
whitelist)

-D

--
A perverse man stirs up dissension,