Re: AnyOne know if apt-build can make Apache2 work with php4?

On Thu, 2003-09-04 at 12:35, John Foster wrote:
> Basicaly what it says. I want to get Apache2 to work with php4. I found
> a .rpm at SuSe that I converted with alien but it depends on prefork. I
> do not like prefork. php4 in debian still has apache-common 1.3 as a
> dependency so even with the module installed and apache configured with
> prefork it still requires apache-common 1.3. I am VERY surprised that
> there is not already a php4 module for apache2 in Debian. Any ideas on
> getting this to work would be greatly appreciated. Maybe someone is
> working on this and needs a tester....WELL HERE I AM!!!
>
> --
> John Foster

Hi-

This is so odd... I was about to write a similar email.... I am trying
to get APache2 and PHP working.  But everytime I install it it requires
Apache.  I finally got it to install but the apache2.conf file is never
built and all of the modules are for 1.3 not 2.0.  I am assuming that
something is wrong on my end but I can't seem to figure it out.

I would also be willing to test for someone...

Kevin