Re: Why ROOT all in uppercase

On Thu, 4 Sep 2003, Karl E. Jorgensen wrote:

> Once upon a time, a long, long time ago, in a faraway land (in the days
> of the teletype) not all terminals were capable of lower-case
> characters.  The age of the punched cards, punched tape and when CRTs
> were merely "some new-fangled technology"...

No no no!

This is NEW technology!  Your computer is now able to detect when you are
shouting at it.  "Take this, you stupid computer, I AM R-O-O-T!"

And in turn, it detects your mood through various kernel tweaks, and
responds in kind.

"FINE, WHAT'S YOUR PASSWORD, IDJIT!"

And carries on so forth.

Mike