rsync problem

Hi

I am using Debian woody 3.0_r1 on hppa and rsync 2.5.6

I have several web servers and I d like to use rsync to keep my web
content up-to-date on each server. One of the server runs rsync as a
daemon the other are rsync clients...

So on all I have installed rsync package on all
>From my client when I do
rsync 192.168.1.2::
it retruns
test welcome
So means that the rsync server is running (rsync --daemon on the
server)

Here my /etc/rsync.d file

log file = /var/log/rsyncd

[test]
path = /var/www
comment = welcome

but when I run
rsync 192.168.1.2::test/ /var/www

it returns this error
@ERROR: invalid gid nobody
rsync: connection inexpectedly closed (39 bytes read so far)
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at
io.c(150)

and when I check the log file on my server
rsync: name lookup failed for 192.168.1.4: Name or service not known
Invalid gid nobody

I am logged as root on each machines and the chmod of /var/www is at
777....(if its usefull)
What I am doing wrong???
I there anything to do with the content of the /etc/hosts files ??

Thanks
francois