Pipping the output of bash completion; command line navigation

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to grep through the output of bash command line completion. If you type "k" and then tab twice, you'll be asked to show all 398,499 entries on your path, y or n. Hit y and a big list comes up. Seems like it would be nice to search through that list, but there is no obvious way to pipe it to anything (like grep).

Did some digging and found "complete" but it wasn't very helpful (it's a bash built-in and the man pages are terse). Am I messing up the command line? I tried stuff like complete -o default k but it just didn't take. Google was little help.

While I'm at it, is there a way to make "CTRL+Left Arrow" move one word to the left on the command line? And similiarly for right? That would be so great...IIRC DRDOS had that a long time ago. The win2k shell does that, too. I don't even know where to start looking for this one. :-)

Thanks!
Josh