Re: run win/dos file on linux, please help

--- message from Ryan Nowakowski <tubaman@mailandnews.com> attached:
thanks your reply,
I do not have floppy drive,
I ever download dosemu, then at command line type dos
----------------------------
[root@localhost root]# dos
CPU speed set to 1161 MHz
Running on CPU=586, FPU=1
In file included from /var/lib/dosemu/global.conf:743
                 from /var/lib/dosemu/global.conf:633
Error in /var/lib/dosemu/global.conf: (line 744) Disk-device/file /var/lib/dosemu/hdimage.first doesn't exist.
1 error(s) detected while parsing the configuration-file
then I tried
dos Actiontec-1524*  (my firmware upgrade file, dsl modem actiontec R1524)

still get same error result

looking advancer share your dos/window emulator's experience

Eric

Have you signed up for the World's Fastest Free Email ? http://www.Luxmail.com
--- Begin Message ---
On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 04:15:24PM -0700, eric lin wrote:
> Dear advanced linux user:
>
>   I had win/dos format hardware firmware update file, like it run on linux, I tried wine, but not success

The easiest way to do this is to just use a dos or windows boot floppy.

--
Ryan Nowakowski
Computer Support for Small Business and Individuals

--- End Message ---