..lan installs fails on bad server, restore tips?

Hi,

..on installing boxes, I prefer network installs, and with lan
wiring at 100MBps, this works nicely, except for a wee detail:
the new base systems finds only a wee fraction of my repository,
and none of my non-US stuff, so I overlooked something.

..and what?  Pointers to docs etc on restoring/setting up
Debian install-servers, clue whacks etc please?

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: