Re: Memory

Eicke <eick.jac@terra.com.br> writes:
> Hi Gary I appreciate your response.
> My machine is a Dual Xeon 2.8 GHz 64-bit.
> Should be happens the errors anyway?

Clear up some things for us Eicke. First, I may be behind on my Intel
marketing, but aren't the Xeon line of processors just good ole
Pentium 4's (32-bit) with extra cache? Is Intel marketing the Itanium
(64-bit) under the Xeon name?

Second, did these applications ever work under Linux on your system?

If indeed Intel is selling 64-bit Xeons(TM) using Itanium processors
then I'll have to pass on answering your questions as I have no
experience with Linux on the Itanium processor. My no-experience guess
would be that you'd need to compile the kernel with Itanium support,
which I don't see as an option in my 2.4.21 kernel configuration, and
install 64-bit Itanium versions of the applications you're trying to
use.

Gary