Re: Cd manufactor

On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 06:33:22AM -0400, Johann Koenig wrote:
   > On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 09:05:47 +0100
   > Carlos Sousa <csousa@tvtel.pt> wrote:
   >
   > > > If your looking to find out about the actual cd / cd-rw (the little
   > > > round thing), I don't think that it is possible. I do not believe
   > > > that manufacturers stamp their name on the cd and/or that it is
   > > > possible to read that kind of data.
   > >
   > > cdrecord -v reveals the CD media manufacturer code, so it seems it
   > > really is stamped on the media.
   >
   > Interesting, I did not know that. Thanks.

As per the help page,

           -verbose,-v     increment general verbose level by one

But, you can use this to get all the necessary info, including the
quality, of the media:

   cdrecord -atip

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.

In America, any boy may become president and I suppose that's just one
of the risks he takes.
		-- Adlai Stevenson