Voodoo Graphics still supported?

Hi,
I've got an old Voodoo1 (Diamond Monster 3D) and I'd like to use it
with X4.2. It worked without problems with X3.3 and Mesa, but I can't
figure out how to get it to work again. I googled around a bit, and
got only more confused, so I thought maybe I'd find help here.

So can anybody tell me:

1. Which packages do I need to have installed?

2. Is it possible to use the original Mesa library (which I think still
   supports the V1) with X instead of xlibmesa?

3. I found out that the debian libglide2-package doesn't support the V1
   anymore, but I could compile my own version which would include this
   support. Is this right? And would I have to recompile Mesa, too?

4. Does the glide driver from X4.2 support 3D acceleration? I read the
   manpage and it seems like this is a 2D-only driver.

5. Has anybody got his V1 working with X4.2 or is it impossible?

I'd appreciate it if anybody could give me some hints.

greets,
markus