Re: Duplicating installs across the network

* Roberto Sanchez <rcsanchez97@yahoo.es> [030902 09:51]:
> The migration of my lab is nearly complete.  The two servers are happily
> running Woody and so far I have one workstation running Sid, and I even managed
> to get VMWare installed and running properly on it.  The last I need to do is
> get printing back up.  Once that is done I will be ready to install Sid to the
> other nine workstations.
>
> I know that there are a whole host of tools out there that for
> imagining/backup,
> but I have no experience with any of them.  Can anyone out there provide some
> pointers and insight?  What do you all use?  Does it work well?  I really hope
> that there is an easy way to this, as I do not want to have to reinstall 9
> mahines from scratch.
>
> The machines are homogeneous, with the following hardware:

<snip>

Identical hardware! Just open up the boxes, put the disks in the
machine with the OS and "dd if=/dev/hda of=/dev/hdb". What could be
easier?

Nick.

--
Debian testing/unstable
Linux twofish 2.6.0-test3-looxt93c2 i686 GNU/Linux