Re: ide-scsi CDRW and a real SCSI CDROM

On Sun, 2003-08-31 at 13:09, Kirk Strauser wrote:
> I'm running `unstable' on a system with a Samsung IDE CDRW and a Panasonic
> SCSI CDROM.  I've followed various instructions culled from mailing lists,
> HOWTOs, etc., but I'm still having problems with getting the two to play
> nicely together.
>
> If I enable ide-scsi for the CDRW, I can't find the real SCSI CDROM
> anywhere.  If I don't enable ide-scsi, then the SCSI CDROM is available, but
> the CDRW is only writeable via ATAPI.
>
> Can someone point me toward some documentation on using ide-scsi on a system
> with real SCSI devices?  Many thanks.

Okay. Tricky.

First off I'd like to thank the American Public... (err oops wrong
forum)

Now seriously, I am to assume you have setup a proper grub stanza in
/boot/grub/menu.lst

title Linux-ide-scsi
        root (hd0,0)
        kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.20-xfs ro \
         root=/dev/hda2 hde=ide-scsi
        initrd /initrd.img-2.4.20-xfs

Then you have put in your SCSI Controller's module in /etc/modules as
well as sr_mod and any other modules needed.

You should be able to get at your IDE-CD-RW and your Panasonic SCSI
CD-ROM.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

Sound barricades itself into rolls of peautbutter when you speak.