Re: OT: Why is C so popular?

On Mon, 2003-09-01 at 11:50, Anders Arnholm wrote:
[snip]
> The difference between ts and sts is just that ts works on \t
> charachters imported in the files to, and sts doesn't. Setting ts
> without et is definitly wrong. Setting it with et just look wrong, but
> doesn't hurt so many else. (Or hopefully don't...)

If they are using tabs, then I *want* their tabs to be corrected. Mixing
tabs and spaces is the Wrong Thing to do. If they use tabs (no python
programmer does for very long) and I want to modify their code and
submit a patch, then I will use tabs too, because mixing tabs and spaces
is still the Wrong Thing. Using sts solves a problem that just doesn't
exist.

-Mark