Kernel 2.6

I thought of trying out the 2.6.0-test4 kernel. I noticed a couple of
problems with it which I am giving below.

   1. The kernel boots in framebuffer mode. If I give vga=791 as the
      boot parameter, the screen blanks out and I get a moving window
      telling "Sync out of range". The same setting works on 2.4.22. The
      Documentation/fb/vesafb.txt still has the same codes.

   2. In /etc/modutils, I have an alias for my nic as
         alias eth0 8139too

      If I do a modprobe eth0, I get
        FATAL: Module eth0 not found.

      But, modprobe 8139too works well after which
      /etc/init.d/networking start sets up everything correctly.

      As before, this does not happen in 2.4.22.

      I do not want to do this every time. How do I automate this as in
      2.4.22?

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.

Never let your schooling interfere with your education.