ide-scsi CDRW and a real SCSI CDROM

I'm running `unstable' on a system with a Samsung IDE CDRW and a Panasonic
SCSI CDROM.  I've followed various instructions culled from mailing lists,
HOWTOs, etc., but I'm still having problems with getting the two to play
nicely together.

If I enable ide-scsi for the CDRW, I can't find the real SCSI CDROM
anywhere.  If I don't enable ide-scsi, then the SCSI CDROM is available, but
the CDRW is only writeable via ATAPI.

Can someone point me toward some documentation on using ide-scsi on a system
with real SCSI devices?  Many thanks.
--
Kirk Strauser