Re: Spamassassin + exim

On Friday 29 August 2003 2:21 pm, Michael Heldebrant wrote:
>On Fri, 2003-08-29 at 12:23, Jeff Elkins wrote:
>> Is there a FAQ available for setting up Spamassassin and exim?  Googling
>> found several for SA + postfix, but not for exim.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jeff Elkins
>
>I'm not sure if there is a complete FAQ available.  This is how I have
>spamc integrated into the exim delivery sequence:
>
>I only needed to add two sections to the exim.conf file and make
>configure spamd to be running.
>
>To the transports section add the following:
>
>spamc_delivery:
>        driver = pipe
>        command = "/usr/bin/spamc -e /usr/sbin/exim -oMr spam-scanned -i
>-f ${sender_address} ${pipe_addresses}"
>        user = mail
>        group = mail
>        current_directory ="/tmp"
>
>This specifies to "deliver" mail through spamc which will then be
>redelivered into exim with the received protocol (-oMr) set to
>spam-scanned.
>
>In the directors section add:
>
>spamcheck:
>  driver = smartuser
>  transport = spamc_delivery
>  # When to scan a message :
>  #   -   it isn't already flagged as spam
>  #   -   it isn't already scanned
>  condition = "${if and { {!def:h_X-Spam-Flag:} {!eq
>{$received_protocol}{spam-scanned}}} {1}{0}}"
>
>right after the real_local stanza so all incoming mail not grabbed by
>real_local gets routed into the spamcheck director hence sent through
>spamc.  After it's been "spam-scanned" it passes this director and gets
>delivered however you have it configured below this stanza.
>
>--mike

Thanks!  I'm trying this out currently.

I used spamc < ./$1 | grep '^X-Spam' and it identified an obvious piece of
spam, and my emails now contain: Received: from mail by elkins.org with
spam-scanned (Exim 3.36 #1 (Debian))

Of course, once I made the changes to exim.conf I haven't gotten any spam :)

(not that I'm complaining:)

Much more to learn here for both exim and spamassassin...next I want to route
any html email or mail with attachments to a spam bucket account.

Jeff Elkins