Re: FW: OT: Why is C so popular?

bob parker wrote:

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 19:18, Paul Johnson wrote:
On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 09:06:23AM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
Or the poster doesn't know much about Java.  Having used Java, I'd
say that Java isn't good for small programs/quick hacks.
And what I've seen of the larger stuff in Java, it's horrably slow and
unreliable.  So if it's too elephantine for little stuff and two slow
and warped for the big stuff, just what the heck is Java good for again?

Seems to be a solution looking for a problem.

Ok, I'm not arguing pro/con Java here, I just have question. What other option do I have for web browser enabled client/server communication without reloading the page* that I can use in Koqueror or other non-mainstream graphical** browsers?

Jacob

*Like real-time financial market quotes or a chat window.
** Just so I wouldn't get a 'ya, you're not using Java in Lynx.