Console login banner appears twice

I recently setup a new machine with Woody, and I think I changed something
that causes the console login banner to appear twice when logging locally
or remotely via SSH.

Basically what I get is this:

sanchez@helios:~$ ssh sanchez@isl.ucf.edu
Linux isl 2.4.21-1 #1 SMP Mon Aug 25 20:33:28 EDT 2003 i686 unknown

Most of the programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are
freely redistributable; the exact distribution terms for each program
are described in the individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright

Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
permitted by applicable law.
You have mail.
Last login: Fri Aug 29 16:50:49 2003 from helios.engr.ucf.edu
Linux isl 2.4.21-1 #1 SMP Mon Aug 25 20:33:28 EDT 2003 i686 unknown

Most of the programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are
freely redistributable; the exact distribution terms for each program
are described in the individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright

Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
permitted by applicable law.
sanchez@isl:~$

How do I get rid of it?  I have also set up two other machines in the last
few weeks and neither of them behaves in this manner.  What did I do?

-Roberto

Yahoo! Messenger - Nueva versión GRATIS
http://messenger.yahoo.es