Re: Onboard Promise RAID WAS:Re: compatible FS between linux and windows

 --- AnotherLinuxGuy <anotherlinuxguy@comcast.net> escribió:
> Ok, thanks for all the help with the FS question, now i have a new one,
> i have an Asus A7V333 board and it has the Promise Chip onboard
> PDC20276, i have 2 80gigs hooked up and when it boots it goes into the
> fasttrack133 bios where it RAID 0 the two drives, i formatted them in
> FAT32 so both win and lin could read and write to them, but i booted
> knoppix just to see what it would look like, if i could actually write
> etc, and it didnt find it automaticly, what device would this be using?

Knoppix won't see it.  I have been fighting with exactly one of those things
all day on a file server here at school.  It show up as two seperate IDE
drives (hde and hdg).  This site might provide some insight if you are
trying to install Debian:

http://ttul.org/~rrsadler/linux-promise/

-Roberto

Yahoo! Messenger - Nueva versión GRATIS