Re: Knoppix - observations

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 10:55:49 -0400
alex <radsky@ncia.net> wrote:
> Whichever way it is installed, KNOPPIX is a marvelous way
> to put Debian to work.

    And in one case it was the only way to put Debian to work.  Bought a
shiny new Maxtor 200Gb HD.  Found out that the BIOS of the machine I was going
to put it into locked when trying to detect the drive.  So I used the
controller card that was provided.  End result was that for some reason the
10Gb drive I had been using shows up as the same size but the geometry
shifted.  End result before I realized what was going on, the entire 10Gb
drive lost.  Problem.  The Woody install CD I burned doesn't recognize the
controller card to reinstall using the 200Gb drive.  Knoppix did.