Re: Debian and KDE (Update 2)

Hello

William Bradley (<bradleyw@magma.ca>) wrote:

> Once again, thank you to all who responded to the above.
>
> When logged in as "root" I can access "kppp" from the command line. I
> can also access it from the "Internet Dialer" icon from within KDE.
>
> As a user in KDE and using the "Internet Dialer" icon I am still
> getting:
>
> KDEInit could not launch 'kppp': Could not find 'kppp' executable.
>
> Something has to be modified somewhere but hanged if I know where. If
> anyone knows could you tell me the file that has to be modified.

Check the permissions for kppp. The kppp executable normally is only
executable by owner (root) and group (dip). Make sure you are member of
the dip group. If you add yourself to the dip group while logged in
with your user id, you have to log out and in again to apply the
change.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

--