Re: OT: Why is C so popular?

On Thu, 2003-08-28 at 02:04, Steve Lamb wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 01:51:23 -0500
> Alex Malinovich <demonbane@the-love-shack.net> wrote:
[snip]
>     Of course now step 1 has been replaced with "rewrite in Python".  I still
> have Perl coursing through my veins though.  The other day I caught myself
> trying to upper(s) a string instead of string.upper().  The deciding day that

There's an even quicker way, that's even OO:
>>> import string
>>> s = 'foo'
>>> s.upper()
'FOO'

> Python.  All I gotta say is that os.path.walk() is a godsend.  :)

As are, IMO,
 .isabs()
 .isfile()
 .isdir()
 .islink()
 .ismount()
 .realpath()

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

Thanks to the good people in Microsoft, a great deal of the data
that flows is dependent on one company. That is not a healthy
ecosystem. The issue is that creativity gets filtered through
the business plan of one company.
Mitchell Baker, "Chief Lizard Wrangler" at Mozilla