Re: Funny failure of a CR system on debian-devel

John Hasler wrote:
manoj writes:

First, there was a notice that mail from debian-devel was quarantined,
and there was a sekrit to send to unlock the mails. Next, we got a notice
that the sekrit was successfully received.

It didn't say that the secret had been received, only that debian-devel had
been whitelisted.  Nost likely, the user did so manually.

Why would a user do that? Anything with a From address of debian-*@lists.d.o is forged and consequently either spam or a virus. If this is the only way that the user has of preventing more challenges being sent to debian-*@lists.d.o than I would call that a failure.