Re: ircII behind proxy/firewall - how?

On Wednesday 27 August 2003 12:02, Alphonse Ogulla wrote:
> My connection to the net is via a proxy server. It also appears port 6667
> on the same machine is blocked. Just wondering, is it possible to use ircii
> chat client from behind a squid proxy? Is there such a thing as irc over
> http?

running nmap against the proxy server produced these results.

atlas:~# nmap -sS -p1-15000 -oN nmap.txt 192.168.1.22

Starting nmap V. 2.54BETA31 ( www.insecure.org/nmap/ )

Interesting ports on  (192.168.1.22):
(The 14990 ports scanned but not shown below are in state: closed)
Port       State       Service
23/tcp     open        telnet
53/tcp     open        domain
80/tcp     open        http
111/tcp    open        sunrpc
199/tcp    open        smux
943/tcp    open        unknown
1024/tcp   open        kdm
1026/tcp   open        nterm
6000/tcp   open        X11
8080/tcp   open        http-proxy

Nmap run completed -- 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 195 seconds
atlast:~#
Do you see any hope in getting ircII to work?

--
Alphonse Ogulla
Nairobi, Kenya