Re: apt-get -t unstable install gnome fails with unmet dependencies

Hi,

Nicos Gollan <gtdev@spearhead.de> writes:

> On Wednesday 27 August 2003 04:00, Travis Crump wrote:
> > Nicos Gollan wrote:
> > > apt will not automatically install packages from unstable if they aren't
> > > explicitly listed.
> >
> > Umm, sure it will, that is the whole point of the '-t unstable' flag.
>
> That depends on your pinning. I have testing at 400 and unstable at 300; apt
> won't follow unstable dependencies here.

No. The "-t unstable" overrides the pinning. man apt-get:

       -t

       --target-release

       --default-release
              This option controls the default input to the policy engine,  it
              creates  a  default  pin  at  priority  990  using the specified
              release string.

so, unless you have some source with a pin > 990, it should work. (it
works for me, with stable at pin 989, testing 500 and unstable 105).

Regards,

Jaume

--
Please answer to the group/list. Don't CC me.