Re: apt-get -t unstable install gnome fails with unmet dependencies

Nicos Gollan wrote:
On Tuesday 26 August 2003 23:08, Adam wrote:

This is a fresh install of debian.  I have edited my preferences and
sources.list to be just like those on another system that worked in
January.  I just tried it on the other system and it fails there too.
The apt-get -t unstable install gnome fails saying that there are
dependencies that will not be installed.  Is this broken?  How can I
get it to work?

apt will not automatically install packages from unstable if they aren't explicitly listed. Try installing the proper packages from unstable, this should fix it.

Umm, sure it will, that is the whole point of the '-t unstable' flag. 'apt-get -t unstable install gnome' works on my gnome1.4 testing box[at least it lists packages to install/upgrade...]. OP: usually apt will tell you what exactly are the unmet dependencies, just try to install them directly along with gnome or reporting the exact error message.