Re: CUPS - really did it now

Mark Ferlatte wrote:
Tom Allison said on Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 06:27:39PM -0400:

So I thought maybe there was something in the /etc/printcap file that might be of some significance. I had a remote printer defined from way back (years) and it was pointed to an IP address that was no longer in use. So I don't think there is much there.

CUPS doesn't use /etc/printcap.

Are you use that your server is defined in /etc/cups/client.conf?  You need to
do that if you're not running cupsd on your clients (cupsd handles the IPP
discovery stuff).

I think so.

The server was accepting print jobs until I messed with the clients installation of lpr. The client never had the server installed on it.

--
Of course power tools and alcohol don't mix.  Everyone knows power
tools aren't soluble in alcohol...